Friday, June 23, 2017

Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli

This side dish has become one of our families favourites.  We started enjoying roasted broccoli, then we tried roasted cauliflower.  Now, I do them both together!  I don't have exact measurements for this, as you just kind of throw it all together.

Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli
1. Rinse and chop equal amounts of cauliflower and broccoli.  It cooks more evenly if the cauliflower pieces are a bit smaller than the broccoli pieces.

2. Pour over a bit of oil (I use rice bran oil).  Stir.  Then add crushed garlic, salt, and pepper.  Mix well.  If I'm just doing cauliflower, I like to add a bit of ground cumin.

3. Place on baking sheet.  Bake for 20-30 minutes at 180 degrees C.  You will want to stir it after about 20 minutes.

4. Remove from oven when it is lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Did you try this recipe? Did you like it? Did you make any changes?